Governor Steve Bullock today announced the following appointments.
Montana Agriculture Development Council
- Greg Jergeson, Chinook. Qualification: Public representative who was or is actively engaged in agriculture. Jergeson has been a farmer, Public Service Commissioner and State Legislator.
- Tara Mastel, Whitehall. Qualification: Public representative who was or is actively engaged in agriculture. Mastel is an Assistant Professor at MSU and an Extension Agent.
Capitol Complex Advisory Council
- Carol Williams, Missoula. Qualification: Public member. Williams is a former educator and served as the state’s first woman Majority Leader in the Montana Senate.\
Montana Family Support Services Advisory Council
- Kari Hoover, Shelby. Qualification: Provider of Part C Services. Hoover is a supervisor at Quality Life Concepts.
Flathead Basin Commission
- Jasmine Courville-Brown, Ronan. Qualification: Public representative. Courville-Brown is a pesticide specialist for the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.
- Kate Hunt, Kalispell. Qualification: Public representative. Hunt is an artist in Northwest Montana.
- Charles Potter, Columbia Falls. Qualification: Public representative. Potter is retired from the National Park Service after spending 41 years in Glacier National Park.
Montana Invasive Species Advisory Council
- Jim Jacobs, Bozeman. Qualification: Representative of U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service. Jacobs is a Plant Materials Specialist for the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Public Employees Retirement System Board
- Julie McKenna, Helena. Qualification: Public employee, active member of public retirement system. McKenna is a Compliance Income Tax Examiner for the Department of Revenue.
- Pepper Valdez, Billings. Qualification: Public employee, active member of public retirement system. Valdez is a Captain in the Billings Fire Department and an IRS certified volunteer income tax assistant.
- Marty Tuttle, Clancy. Qualification: Public employee, active member of public retirement system, defined contribution plan. Tuttle is the Chief Legal Counsel for the Department of Commerce.
Statewide Independent Living Council
- Dr. Rosemary Hughes, Missoula. Qualification: Person with disability not employed by state agency or center for independent living. Hughes is a Senior Research Scientist at the University of Montana Rural Institute and a Research Faculty Member.
- Katelyn Kovich, Billings. Qualification: Person with disability not employed by state agency or center for independent living. Kovich is a Family Facilitator for PLUK (Parents Let’s Unite for Kids).
- Mary Olson, Missoula. Qualification: Person with disability not employed by state agency or center for independent living. Olson is a Research Associate with the Rural Institute on Disability.
- Karen Underwood, Laurel. Qualification: At-large member. Underwood is the Special Services Director of Yellowstone West and Carbon County Special Services Cooperative.
Board of Veterans’ Affairs
- Vice Secretary Shawn Backbone, Crow Agency. Qualification: Tribal government representative. Backbone is the Vice Secretary of the Crow Nation and a veteran of the U.S. Army.
- David Boyd, Poplar. Qualification: Tribal member, honorably discharged veteran. Boyd is a retired Staff Sergeant from the U.S. Army, National Guard and Army Reserve, with over 40 years of service.
- Dick Juvik, Helena. Qualification: Honorably discharged veteran who serves as a representative of veterans at large. Juvik is a veteran of the U.S. Navy and been very active in heightening awareness for POW/MIAs in the state.
- Gary Sorensen, Missoula. Qualification: Training, education or experience related to veterans’ issues. Sorensen is a retired Army Officer with 30 years of service.
- Bill Willing, Anaconda. Qualification: Training, education or experience related to veterans’ issues. Willing is a retired Colonel after serving in the Army, Army Reserve, Army National guard and Air National Guard with close to 40 years of service.
Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Kim Baker, Hot Springs. Qualification: Public member who is a consumer of veterinary services, not licensed. Baker is a family rancher, raises Old English Sheepdogs and serves on the Hot Springs School Board.
- Dr. Jean Lindley, Miles City. Qualification: Licensed veterinarian. Lindley is the owner operator of East Main Animal Clinic and has been practicing for 33 years.