Governor Steve Bullock today announced the following appointments:
Montana Poet Laureate
- Michael Earl Craig, Livingston.
State Compensation Insurance Fund Board of Directors (Montana State Fund)
- Matthew Mohr, Big Sky. Qualification: representative of state fund policyholders. Matt is a firefighter and EMT for the Big Sky Fire Department.
Tourism Advisory Council
- Kim Holzer, Stanford. Qualification: Russell Country. Kim is the owner of Paper Moon Marketing in Stanford.
- Alger Swingley, Babb. Qualification: Tribal Government Representative. Alger is the owner of Blackfeet Outfitters in Babb.
Commission on Community Service
- Barbara Braided Hair, Lame Deer. Qualification: business representative. Barbara is the branch manager at First Interstate Bank in Billings.
Protect Montana Kids Commission
- Scott Darkenwald, Helena. Qualification: Department of Justice Representative. Scott is the Chief of Staff and Deputy Director of the Montana Department of Justice.
- Leslie Halligan, Missoula. Qualification: District Court Judge or Judicial Branch Representative. Leslie is a Montana District Court Judge for the Fourth Judicial District in Missoula.
- Sarah Corbally, Helena. Qualification: Department of Public Health and Human Services Representative. Sarah is the administrator of the Montana Child and Family Services Division.
- Ali Bovingdon, Helena. Qualification: Governor’s Office Representative. Ali is the Deputy Chief of Staff in Governor Steve Bullock’s office.
- Bill Hooks, Helena. Qualification: Office of the Public Defender Representative. Bill is the Chief Public Defender for Montana’s Office of the State Public Defender.
- Schylar Baber-Canfield, Butte. Qualification: organization involved in child abuse. Schylar is the outreach manager at the Montana Student Assistance Foundation.
- Ann Lawrence, Kalispell. Qualification: County Attorney. Anne is the Flathead Deputy County Attorney in Kalispell.
- Matt Lowy, Missoula. Qualification: Private Attorney. Matt is the owner of Lowy Law, PLLC in Missoula and a child welfare specialist.
- Megan Bailey, Saint Ignatius. Qualification: tribal member. Megan is a mental health therapist at Sunburst Mental Health Community Foundation on the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Indian Reservation.
- Joyce Funda, Helena. Qualification: CASA or foster parent. Joyce is the executive director of CASA of Montana, Inc.
- Bart Klika, Missoula. Qualification: research experience. Bart is an assistant professor at the University of Montana School of Social Work.
- Tom Strizich, Qualification: pediatrician. Tom is a pediatrician in Helena.
- Jaci Noonan, Anaconda. Qualification: public member. Jaci is the Care and Community Treatment Director for AWARE in Anaconda.
- Jani McCall, Billings. Qualification: public member. Jani is the owner and president of Consulting with Communities, Inc. in Billings.
Governor’s Council on Healthcare Innovation
- Eric Arzubi, Billings. Eric is the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at the Billings Clinic.
- Keith Bailey, Helena. Keith is the Executive Director of Helena Indian Alliance.
- Maria Clemons, Libby. Maria is the Executive Director of Northwest Community Health Center in Libby.
- Jeffrey Fee, Missoula. Jeffrey is the CEO of St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula.
- John Felton, Billings. John is the President and CEO of Riverstone Health in Billings.
- Michael Frank, Helena. Michael is the CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Bill Gallea, Helena. Bill is the owner of Lewis and Clark Emergency Physicians in Helena.
- John Goodnow, Great Falls. John is the CEO of Benefis Health System in Great Falls.
- Sheila Hogan, Helena. Sheila is the Director of the Montana Department of Administration.
- Lenette Kosovich, Billings. Lenette is the CEO of Rimrock Substance Use Disorder Treatment Center in Billings.
- Monica Lindeen, Helena. Monica is the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance.
- Todd Lovshin, Helena. Todd is the CEO of PacificSource Health Plans.
- Bob Marsalli, Helena. Bob is the Executive Director of the Montana Primary Care Association in Helena.
- Steve McNeece, Anaconda. Steve is the CEO of Community Hospital of Anaconda.
- Janelle Nelson, Great Falls. Janelle is the Executive Director of Montana Independent Health Alliance in Great Falls.
- Richard Opper, Helena. Richard is the Director of the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
- William Reiter, Anaconda. William is the President of the Reiter Foundation, Inc. in Anaconda.
- Tara Veazey, Helena. Tara is Governor Bullock’s healthcare policy advisor.
- Michael Vlases, Bozeman. Michael is the Chief of Staff at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital.
- Jonathan Weisul, Missoula. Jonathan is the Clinical Advisor for Population Health at Allegiance Benefit Plan Management.
- Aaron Wernham, Bozeman. Aaron is the CEO of the Montana Healthcare Foundation in Bozeman.
- Anna Whiting Sorrel, Missoula. Anna is the Director of Operations, Planning and Policy at the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes Tribal Health Department.
- John Williams, Polson. John is the President Family Physicians Group/Montana Academy of Family Physicians at St. Luke Community Healthcare in Polson.